How to Drive Traffic to a Brand-New Website
Posted on July 14, 2020 in Industrial & Manufacturing
Launching a new website for your company is exciting, regardless of whether you’re a start-up or a well-established brand. You finally have a dynamic professional platform that can properly showcase your brand’s story, products, and services. However, driving traffic to this website is a completely different challenge. In this blog, we will outline several actions you can take to start driving more traffic to your website today.
Create Business Listings
Creating business listings for your brand on Google, Yahoo, Apple Maps, Bing, Merchant Circle, and more can make your company easier to find online and increase the overall rank of your website. The challenge here is a) properly filling out all of these listings manually, which can be very time consuming and b) on-going management of these listings and responding to positive and negative reviews from users.
Services such as Yext and Reputation alleviate this burden by providing a management dashboard for customers. This allows you to not only create all of these listings through one dashboard but also manage your listings on an on-going business. While these services are not free, they do add a ton of value for those who are seriously looking to increase their digital footprint.
Create and Share Quality Content on Social Media
Creating quality content on social media is a great way to build an online presence and drive traffic to your website. Make sure your content is original and adds value to your target market.
For inspirational purposes, below are some ideas on the types of content you can create to get results on social:
- Create tutorial videos that relate to your industry and solve problems that your audience may have. Include a link to your website so your audience can view more videos there.
- Promote links to your blog on social media to drive traffic to your website.
- Promote case studies on social media that link back to your site.
- Offer people an incentive (white papers, eBooks, etc.), deal, or discount by filling out a form on your site.
Blogging is an extremely effective way to build thought leadership and entice people to come back to your website for more information. Not only that but adding blog content to your site can improve your website’s overall SEO performance.
To create an SEO blog, you will want to include the following:
- Choose a blog topic that people are searching for. You can use Google’s Trend tool to research this.
- Once you have a topic, choose keywords, and use those throughout your writing.
- Craft a title and URL that relates directly to your focus keyword.
- Use links to other authority websites when referencing points/topics/ideas.
- Include alt tags when using images, and make sure those images are compressed for optimal page load time.
- Use internal link building by linking other words to other blogs you already have published on your website.
- Aim at writing blogs that are over 1,000 words. Closer to 2,000 words is even better.
Link building is the process of earning links from other websites to point back at your website. While this can be extremely effective in increasing your page rank, it is important to make sure that the sites you are linking from are what Google views as quality sites. Earning links from a content farm with a low reputation will have an adverse effect and Google will penalize your website’s rank.
While we aren’t going to go into all of the details of link building in this blog (that could literally be its own blog series) there are many resources available online if you are interested in learning more about link building strategies.
Start Email Marketing
Email marketing has been around for a while now but can still be effective if used in the right capacity. For starters, it is important to give your website users an option to opt-in to your email marketing on your website. Having users that have raised their hand and stated: “yes, send me your content” is critical for making sure your content doesn’t end up in spam filters, or even worse getting your domain black-listed.
Once you have a list to market to, the content you are sending out needs to truly add value to your audience. Can you send out offers, specials, incentives? Yes, of course. But if all you are doing is trying to sell your audience on something all the time, eventually they are going to get annoyed and tune out.
When creating your content, think about how you can positively affect your user’s day, week, or life by giving them something they can actually use. Your recipients will naturally forward this content on to their colleagues, friends, and families if they feel it is share=worthy which earns you a viral reach you wouldn’t receive otherwise.
Obviously, include calls-to-action in your email marketing that drives users to your website to learn more about what you are sending them. In addition to this, give these users the option to receive push notifications on your website that will automatically alert them when new content is published on your site.
“Pay to Play” is a common term nowadays when talking about driving traffic to your website. Having an effective AdWords campaign can bring targeted traffic to your website almost immediately. Also, collecting data from your AdWords campaign can directly influence the decisions you will want to make in your organic SEO campaigns.
For example, if you are getting great conversions results from certain keyword terms that you may not have expected to get traction from, you will want to focus on these keywords from an organic standpoint in your SEO efforts.
Here is a quick crash-course in creating an effective Google Adwords campaign to drive traffic to your new website:
- First, it is important that you (or your team) thoroughly understand the ins-and-outs of Google AdWords. You can learn about AdWords and get a certification from Google here.
- After you are certified, you will need to create an AdWords account here.
- You will need to set a monthly budget you are comfortable with investing. Some industries are more competitive than others, so it is important to do some research and look at what your local competitors are spending beforehand. You can use SEM Rush to learn what your competitors are investing in their AdWords account and the keywords they are bidding on.
- Complete your own keyword research and keyword planning in the AdWords dashboard.
- Create AWESOME landing pages. We can not stress this enough! If you’re sending traffic to a lame landing page, your users aren’t going to want to buy from you. Make sure you are properly representing your brand and clearly stating why they should choose you.
- Launch your campaign, and track your results. If you don’t get the exact results you want out the gate, that’s fine. Like any campaign, you will need to continuously adjust your efforts to maximize your ROI.
These are just some of the ways that you can drive traffic to your newly launched website. If you are interested in learning more about SEO and digital marketing, feel free to drop us a line! One of our digital marketing experts are happy to speak with you.